H&R coilovers difference?

Särås

Hello, i have order a H&R Coilover kit from germany and it's on the way, the problem is that i need to leave Sweden to Germany whit my Lupo GTi tomorow morning!

So i allso have a Lupo 1,4 TDi, and that car have H&R coilovers and i now wondering if they whill fit and if it's posible?

If yes ho mutch worse then the GTi Coilover kit is it on the car?

Just please help me!!!!

THANKS!!!!

/J

Ok jimmy,

The only physical difference between GTI front struts and normal Lupos' is that the bolt holes are positioned differently as part of the move to a wider front track. The normal type suspension WILL fit, but you may find that even fully adjusted, you have around 2 degrees of negative camber. For your application ie. track, this is not a problem.

The only other difference may be that the GTI kit would have slightly stiffer front springs. But only slightly. To be honest, I went down on front spring rates with the KW coilovers to get a more neutral handling balance as it had too much understeer with the original KW springs.

In short, the normal kit will fit. It might not be as good as the proper GTI kit (then again, it might be better), but it will certainly be MUCH better than the standard set up.

Get it on, quickly!

Edited by Dogwood

Dogwood: Thank you!

Sounds like the onely idea is to change it then!

If it's softer then is beter, becorse on the "ring" softer chassie is beter then to hard..

I did learn that last time i whent down to the track...

Thanks, and by the way the hoses are on the way to mount, thanks for that information! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

/J

Thank you!

Now im done, it whent well!

Thanks!

/J