How low to go ? ? ?

Lesley

confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> Thinking of lowering my GTi and was just wondering how low to go .... i used the search button but couldnt find the info i wanted (and not sure if im posting this in the right section either) , im not looking for a stupid drop just a nice sutble one like 40mm - 60mm confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

And looking for Pics of lupo GTi's already lowered really to help me decided please

And what springs/set up you would recomend ? ? ? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> was looking to get the tyre's level with the arch ? ? ?

In my experience, it's impossible to go lower than about 55mm on the front, that's with the tyres level with the arch. People say they've gone to 70 or so, but I think that's just guesswork. If you go any lower than that you'll lose the wheels inside the arches and be unable to turn the wheels very far without major fouling. The driveshaft also starts to scrape at about this height too.

Get a set of coilovers and lower it to what you think, if it rubs, raise it up, if it doesn't slam it a bit more.