Need a Nerd

Black Lupo

Right... well when i first got the k&n, most will no they developed the 1litre one using my car...

anyway... its had it... melted?? well i'm not sure whats gone on... but its snapped off, melted a little and not fixable...

i really need one with a metal mounting...

anyway i'm sure they couldn't use the 1.4 designed filter because i had an extra feed from somewhere...

but... i dont want the k&n again... because its disintergrated and no good for the recent mod i have!

sooooo bascially if i was to buy a 1.4 designed filter is it going to fit? whats the difference between the 1litre and the 1.4 ?? i cant remember... and i cant decide if i could adapt one... from what im aware i had an extra tube feeding from my original airfilter which made it different from the 1.4's... but i cant see why it couldn't be adapted to suit?? or why for that matter i had an extra tube!

anyway any help would be great as it needs sorting asap... duct tape doesnt work! LOL luckily she's at the body shop for a week so i have a bit of time...

dont know what the hell has happned laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

but i do know 1 think if you wanted to see if a 1.4 filter would fit the 1.0 im your guy laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

well not info wise blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

but i do have a cotton green off my 1.4 that i am lookin to get rid of only lookin for £25 its 2 months old

then even if it doesnt fit its only 1/4 of the price

cheers luke

mmm hard plastic?? though if its held on by a jubaliee must be fairly felixable?

mmmm definately think its going to be metal mounted?? movement in the engine and stuff i think is causing the problem??? causing the jubaliee clip to wear through the mounting??

im soo anoyed sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

mmm hard plastic?? though if its held on by a jubaliee must be fairly felixable?

mmmm definately think its going to be metal mounted?? movement in the engine and stuff i think is causing the problem??? causing the jubaliee clip to wear through the mounting??

im soo anoyed sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

no it is really solid i was suprised too when i took it off its like a 2'' solid plastic neck

well aparently the compound make up of the original KnN wasnt right, so they had developed it further... had all my details on file so sending me a new cone smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

i bought a k&n filter about 5 months ago that disintergrated over night after fitting it !! ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> , the company i bought it from replaced it with a new one thats been ok

i've changed back to my samota cone filter, the base of that is rock hard silicone and hasn't given me any problems after being on a full year and a half