Difference between standard ARB and GTI ARB?

g-man85

Well fed up of my car rolling around corners like a pig in muck. So I can't quiet afford a set of eibach ARB's, but want the GTI ARB. How much thicker are they compared to the standard ARB's and do they make a significant difference?

Finally, apart from the GTI ARB itself, what other parts will I need to fit one?

Silly question, but I assume it'll fit straight onto my Arosa with no problems-correct? blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Im fairly certain that from reading a few topics on here that the Eibach ARB is the same as a GTI one (which is why they no longer list it for the GTI). If you're doing the ARB its also worth checking your bushes & replacing them if required wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Drop links are the same, but the arb mounts you need to change for larger diameter ones, powerflex ones aint too pricey or you could just use some standard gti ones smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

But if your drop links are knackered then you may aswell change them aswell, hehe.

Lee.

Drop links are the same, but the arb mounts you need to change ......

Lee.

The drop links are not the same!! If you think about it, the standard ARB is 18mm, so how can you fit an 18mm ARB droplink onto a 22mm ARB???? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> I bought a GTi ARB, bushes and GTi Drop links and whilst I was at it fitted Powerlfex alll round. Trust me I tried to get the 18mm drop links on but my efforts were futile, so had to fork out more dosh for new drop links. I suppose if your old ones are perrished and soft enough then you may be lucky and get them on, but surely that's defeating the object by putting old knackered stuff back on. laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Mark

PS I have all receipts with part numbers and prices on, if you require them. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

PS I have all receipts with part numbers and prices on, if you require them. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Yeah if you could post the parts that I need and the prices that would be fab as my local VW dealer are a bit rubbish blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I think i'll keep my original bushes as my car hasn't covered that many miles and I don't really push the car in the corners regularly.

Some of the part numbers and prices for mods that I have bought from VW.

GTi ARB (22mm) - 6N0411309F - £46.32 (retail)

GTi Drop links (22mm) - 6N0411315D - £16.17 each

Rubber Wishbone bushes - 6N0411329 - £1.15 each (4 needed)

GTi ARB Bushes (22mm) - 6X0411313A - £5.25 each (2 needed)

Hope this helps

Mark smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

The stores guy at VW had a nightmare getting hold of those droplinks for me. I would have had to wait months for some to be aquired from Germany because at the time there was only 3 of them in the Uk and 2 of those that he got for me were 24Hr courier'd from VW at Swansea. But I'm sure there will be some in the UK now. LOL laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

If i want to change my drop links (there a little worn) will I need to change the wishbone mounts aswell?

Lee.

Lee you might aswell do them together, as you can't remove the droplinks without taking them off anyhow cos they fit onto the droplink and are sandwiching the wishbone. Besides they are only about a pound each. (4 needed). smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Mark

The drop links are not the same!! If you think about it, the standard ARB is 18mm, so how can you fit an 18mm ARB droplink onto a 22mm ARB????

erm... I did without no worries at all!

I still have the GTI drop links and bushes as it was pointless replacing them when it fit so well.

Wonder why yours wouldn't fit?

Edited by Tigz

erm... I did without no worries at all!

I still have the GTI drop links and bushes as it was pointless replacing them when it fit so well.

Wonder why yours wouldn't fit?

Like I said Tigz, seemed a little stupid to me to put old/soft/perished 18mm droplinks back onto your 22mm ARB!! (maybe you're not as fussy,.. hell I don't know??). I bought new 18mm droplinks from a motorfactor that had them listed as being for a Lupo GTi. I tried and failed to get them on, even with some brute force. If they did eventually fit there would be virtually no movement in the link at all!!???? Perhaps Lee will buy your GTi droplinks off you then?

wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Mark wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

My car was less than two years old when I fitted it.

The bushes had no signs of wear, and as it fit it seemed pointless replacing them.

Not planning on selling the spares, I'll need them again at some point smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Not planning on selling the spares, I'll need them again at some point smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Why would you need them if your old ones fit sooo well??!! confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> One Size Fits All Eh??

Edited by ArosaPD

Why would you need them if your old ones fit sooo well??!! confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> One Size Fits All Eh??

How long do you think cheap VW bushes last?

I've owned the car from new, and will never sell it.

Service parts always come in handy.

Some people say the Lupo GTI ARB's are 22mm? But is the design better??

You've lost me there.. confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> I what respect do you me is the design better?? Lupo GTi ARBs are indeed 22mm in diameter, both Eibach and H&R have 21mm ARB kits.

Mark smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

You've lost me there.. confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> I what respect do you me is the design better?? Lupo GTi ARBs are indeed 22mm in diameter, both Eibach and H&R have 21mm ARB kits.

The above post recommends getting the ARB from a Polo mk5 GTI, which is 22mm. But i was just confused why? I'm still after a Lupo ARB.