Changed Radio, realised 2 probs...Help?!

Hi all! New to this so here goes...

I've recentley had a new CD player put in my car. Halfords took the VW Cassette player out and put my new player in its place. However, on the day of the switch I parked up at home and as I locked my car I noticed 2 things. When I locked it previously the remote central locking would make 2 noises, it only makes one noise now, and the red light on the door used to flash, now it doesn't. I've rung 2 VW garages and neither have any idea why this might have happened.

Has anyone had the same problem? Would these probs be related to having the VW radio taken out? To me, it just seems a bit weird!!

what kind of player is it? when you fit it he 2 power cables (red and yellow) what conbination did you connect them? try puttin the red into yellow and yellow into red, that may sort it confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

I had this problem too when I put a non-standard radio in my Loop. It's the wiring connector from Halfords that's at fault IIRC. You'll have to get your radio wired in differently.

Some of the ICE ppl on here should be able to help. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

What VR6Lupo said. Plug the red into the yellow and the yellow into the red.

At the min it sounds like your permenant live and ignition live wires are the wrong way round.

Same advice from me here. My Alpine wiring loom had to be changed when I fitted a new headunit. I swapped red and yellow connections and all is fine.

Connect yellow on car to red on radio and red on car to yellow on radio.

Manually switch it off

The connectors halfords sell for Volkswagen, do not work correctly.

If you have to switch it off yourself they've given you the VW connector, take the stereo back and tell them to swap it for a "Vauxhall" connector

Dont ask questions on this, just go and do it...

I guarentee your central locking will be working PROPERLY again, and that your radio will go off WITH THE IGNITION.

Typical halfords employees... Dont have a clue about anything

What VR6Lupo said. Plug the red into the yellow and the yellow into the red.

At the min it sounds like your permenant live and ignition live wires are the wrong way round.

At the minute with the connector they've sold her, they've basically bridged both red and yellow wire together, which sends 12v permanently down the ignition wire, thus rendering certain functions of the car which require the engine/ignition to be off, inactive.

Because they see this 12v signal. They wont do their job properly.

You are all stars!! Thanks!!

Halfords are a useless bunch tho'... I rung them up before getting your replies and they showed NO interest in helping me out and even hinted that would charge extra to take the radio out and see what the problem may have been.. t****rs!! mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Ho-hum...

...thanks again!! x