Arghhhh

sleeky tdi

Bought some genuine seat chrome door pins off ebay, arrived a couple of days ago and set to fitting them. One fitted fine but the other one the thread had gone on so it didnt screw on or anything, just slid straight down. Email the seller and he claims that its my fault and that I have cross threaded the pin and as such he cannot be held responsible mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

So now im stuck with 1 door pin thats chrome and 1 plastic one angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

Ah well rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Paypal would have been useless, they take a £15 'recovery' fee from any claims! So they wouldn't have even bothered looking at this! angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

I bought a set of chrome lock pins direct from SEAT a few months ago. All of them fit differently as one would screw down further than another and one wont even grip.

Apparently its common with them to be like this. I've not bothered to do anything with mine yet but will be gluing them on when I get around to it.

My Beetle Sport pins were always loose - they would screw on fine but wouldn't stop screwing on until they got too low.

I just shoved a tiny bit of blu-tack in the threads - enough to hold them in place but still make them easy to remove if you ever wanted to.