Bump Strips

cutler

Hello,

Ive removed the bump strips off my Arosa and one side i am left with a bleached white line that looks like its in the lacquer, ive tried numeous things and it isnt coming off. Garage by me said the only option they can think of is a respray. I havent got the funds to do this, so has anyone got any ideas what i could do to cover this line, as i dont really want to put the standard bump strips back on.

Thanks a lot

Matt

i had this on both sides of mine

one side came off with a couple hours of solid polishing/t-cut and bug & tar remover

the other side i didnt spend as much time on but couldnt get it off at all, but that side has been resprayed since.

Yea same with me, got the one side off within 20 minutes using brasso, other side wasnt having it at all, does it look ok now its been resprayed? did you have just the door resprayed ? ?

Thanks

i had this on both sides of mine

one side came off with a couple hours of solid polishing/t-cut and bug & tar remover

the other side i didnt spend as much time on but couldnt get it off at all, but that side has been resprayed since.

i payed £250 to have a new wing and grill sprayed and fitted, also got the bumpers colour coded and the whole passenger side resprayed.

but that was a cash job thru somebody i know, so i havent really been too helpful there lol

where abouts in the country are you? and what colour is your car?

I was going to do mine but i think i will leave them now! They dont look so bad on a black one! blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I was going to do mine but i think i will leave them now! They dont look so bad on a black one! blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Nah they dont, they look ok on the black ones, ill give it a try if i cant get it off, if not, ill put them back on i think.

Thanks for all your help