Fitting head unit- Help please

Hi guys,

I've recently bought a Lupo 1.7 SDI for all my work mileage, and am very impressed with it so far.

Found out that the 'BETA' tape player doesn't work (can't stand tape anyway) and want to fit a Blaupunkt Woodstock DAB 52 I have spare. Its illumination is red, blue and white as well, so it will look good in the lupo.

I'm experienced at fitting head units, but without snapping half of the interior apart, how do you remove the current stereo? Its a '98 model.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Jef

The ideal way of removing it is with the VW headunit removale keys.

But if you dont have two of those a couple of slices of credit card type card will do the job.

The slots are on either side of the headunit.

The ideal way of removing it is with the VW headunit removale keys.

But if you dont have two of those a couple of slices of credit card type card will do the job.

The slots are on either side of the headunit.

Aha, yes, thanks for your help. I've got the usual headunit removal tools, but not that type. Couple of strips of an old Sainsbury's reward card did the job nicely thanks.

All seems fine, only things to sort now are look into ordering a new dab glassmount aerial like I had before, or some kind of splitter enabling me to share the FM one. And I've to fix a 'rattly' passenger speaker - seems to go ok if I pull at the plastic cover, so its probably just out of place rather than needing a replacement driver.