real world prices on gti's ??

murf

looked at a few price guides after i decieded to try and get a gti .. they are nothing like what real world prices are .. be it autotrader price guide or parkers .. how do you judge what a car is worth ??

Dealer £5,695

Private £4,945

Part Ex £4,645

Trade £4,445

Cost New £12,820

i wish i could find a 51 plate for 5k ...

they are out there at around the parkers price (and then they sell quickly) but a lot of people keep trying to sell them at inflated prices, then they stay on the market until they drop them or someone with too much money comes along if they are lucky.

there was a lovely black one that was at 6.5 k, he finally had it on ebay with a buy it now price of 5.2k having just had it surviced.

you will apreciate that this site is probably not the best place for imparshal advice.

i think you will be lucky to get one for under 5k, that seems to be the lowest price unless it has silly milage

i have been looking for a while to get an idea of the market but now my car is back on the road im in love again

109000 miles scares me .. pity i really like the look of yours ..

Jesus! people buy mk2 golfs with well over 100K and no one bats an eye! At least its done motorway miles which is going to put less wear on the engine than a 40000 miler thats been to the shops and back all its life!

109000 miles is nothing on it. I wouldn let that put you off. As a car salesman. hate to say it like but if you look through the non VW dealers you will find a cheap GTI. 2 months ago I took back a 03 plate with 20k on it finished in grey anthracite for 5.5k. Retail at 6288. Cheap car. Just keep hunting.

i wish i could find a 51 plate for 5k ...

I managed to pick mine up last year for 5.5 and its a 51 reg and its from a dealer but i knew the sales manager and it needed quite a bit of work doing to it like new brake pads, wipers (which aint cheap yano) some paint work on the back bumper (which needs to be done again thanks to a new scuff) and a new door hinge on the dirvers side. It also needed new tyres cos them dunlops were poo and contirbuted to a messy spin out on and island. (which is also repaired hehe)

Mine also had a little bash in the side too before i bought it, u can see where the panel doesnt quite meet the bumper sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> but after i test drove it i just had to have it.

I was told that if i'd payed the full price for it and it was in good condition it would have been 2k dearer so i'm counting my lucky stars....