16v head

jthedriva

hi i have a very complicated question for everyone but i dont know if anyone would know or if it has been done before. i have an arosa mk1 1.4 8v auto (need an auto) and i want to try and change the head over to a 16v, does anyone know if it is complicated, and whether the head fits straight on the same places and what other wiring etc willl need changing?

any help greatly appreciated!

2 B honest, never heard of anyone doing this conversion. Not even german tuners have done one. I think swapping heads on newer cars isn't as easy as it used to be in the Golf Mk 2 days. I think it will take more monkey to adapt making it easier maybe to swap in a full 16V engine.

hi i have a very complicated question for everyone but i dont know if anyone would know or if it has been done before. i have an arosa mk1 1.4 8v auto (need an auto) and i want to try and change the head over to a 16v, does anyone know if it is complicated, and whether the head fits straight on the same places and what other wiring etc willl need changing?

any help greatly appreciated!

problem is that would still involve mating the 16v engine to the auto gearbox with would be just as complicated? does anyone know the difference between the 8v engine to the 16v engine apart from the physical head on the engine (diff wiring ecu etc?)

Where can you get hold of them?

the golden money monkey's laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Swapping for a 1.8T or R32 (which is a 6cyl) is way more expensive and definately not easy. The 6cyl swap makes the car very heavy.

The 16V conversion doenst attract attention to it when you open the hood as it also is a standard engine. The 16V also has a auto gearbox option here in holland so shouldn't be to difficult.

the golden money monkey's laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Swapping for a 1.8T or R32 (which is a 6cyl) is way more expensive and definately not easy. The 6cyl swap makes the car very heavy.

The 16V conversion doenst attract attention to it when you open the hood as it also is a standard engine. The 16V also has a auto gearbox option here in holland so shouldn't be to difficult.

have a mate at big boyz toys andn he said r32 eingine is an easy job but it would cost best part of £8k which havent really got, nevermind what it would do to my insurance... possibity could be to ship over a crash damaged 16v auto and place the engine n gearbox straight in, although my car is pretty low milage n wouldnt wanna put a destroyed engine in it!

Edited by jthedriva

why change engines doesnt the 8v have more torque ??

thought the 16v had gains on long journeys better fueling and maybe a little more top speed certainly not a lot more

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

no head work according to vw s

cams and management are the difference (or appear to be) so many versions by dealers no one will ever know lol

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

as i have had both lumps sat a the side of each other the head is diffrent has diffrent codes on it and the ports look a tad bigger but that could be my eyes playing with me wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

as i have had both lumps sat a the side of each other the head is diffrent has diffrent codes on it and the ports look a tad bigger but that could be my eyes playing with me wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

do you reckon the heads could be switched easily/ what work would need done, i have mate who can do the work but they need to know whats involved

cheers

im doing a 75bhp 1.4 16V to a 100 bhp 1.4 16V so not sure bout the 8v sorry but think your better droping a sport lump in anyway as your gearbox will fit and you wont have to mess around with your ecu as just bob a sport loom in and ecu