1.4 Sport - Air box

I've done a quick search and found a couple of posts about 1.0 engines, but how can I get to the air box to open it up. It looks like the engine cover needs to be removed first and i can see to allen head bolts at the front of the engine cover, but it's not easy to tell if these are holding the cover on, or are attached to something below it.

not sure about the sport but on my 1 litre there are two bolts holding the engine cover onto the rocker coverounce reomoved it should pull out off the engine with a tug, then you have to turn it over and undo the torx screws on the underside of the engine cover to get to the filters, im not sure if the 1.4 sport is the same but it was the same on a 1.4 seat ibiza wich i belive is the same engine, hope it helps

You have to remove the plastic engine cover to remove the air box mate biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Remove the oil filler cap aswell.

When you remove the air box there are only 2 lolts that hold it on. One is at the front of the air box and the other is under a plastic cover on top of the air box.

Hope that helps mate biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

no there r 4 allen keys and all the cross heads screws to take out this opens the air box then theres 2 talk scews to undo these dont come out tho then give the airbox a tug as there is a rubber holding it on and job done