Just Revo Or Other Mods Aswell?

Mk6FezToArosaTdi

dont have one yet but im going to be trading in my mk6 fez for a arosa tdi smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> ..

i was going to go for the sport as it would have the nice sporty exhaust but as they both same on insurance and the tdi can be made faster plus i could do with the better mpg it be rude not to tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />..

anyway back to the question, at some point i will want to make it quicker and have been looking on revo and for £399 revo can boost the performance from

75-109BHP - 33bhp increase

145-182TQ - 37tq increase

ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

now to me that sounds great and im sure the top end will increase a fair bit as will the 0-60, but would a filter n exhaust aswell be good to boost the performance more or would just the map be good enough? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

ideally i would only have the filter n exhaust if it makes a nice sporty sound because i wouldnt wanna waste few hundred quid on them, extra performance or not smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

im new by the way wave.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wave:" border="0" alt="wave.gif" />

well filter and exhaust would boost performance but not tha much, maybe 5bhp more if you did them before you did ur remap. the cat back exhaust i think is a gd idea as you get the sound ur looking for and bhp. but i here you dont get hardley any more bhp from a filter. maybe a k and N panel would help a bit and they only 30 quid

well filter and exhaust would boost performance but not tha much, maybe 5bhp more if you did them before you did ur remap.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Revo is off-the-shelf, so it's not tailored to any mods on the car. You'd need to go with someone like Jabbasport to get that, but it will arguably be a better remap due to being tailored to your engine.

Having been looking into engine mods for my tdi, you will first note that you are a little limited by off the shelf tuning parts.

Filter wise, if you want a panel filter Green make one as do BMC (id go for the BMC) both around the £30 mark. However, if you have a little more money to spend BMC also sell their CDA airbox kit for the Tdi, cost is around £140.

Exhaust wise, you can get a sebring backbox, or Remus do a couple of different style backboxes for the tdi, including 2 centre exit options. Prices for these vary from about £170-£250.

As for a remap, id go with either an AMD or a Jabbasport item, AFTER the above mods have been fitted so that the engine will be in tune with these new mods. I think the jabbasport remap is around £500.

Hope this helps,

Lee.

Forgot to mention, if you want a quick fix mod, try a Dragon Performance tuning module at £99 from www.mrhoot.com Im running one on my car atm and am loving the increase of power (around 90bhp) and torque. It does make the car smoke a little more but hasnt seemed to affected the fuel consumption.

Lee.

aslong as a sport exhaust makes a nice sound then thats all that matters to me wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ...

i was just wondering because it would be my first tdi and even with my fez i havnt modded it apart from alloys so im new to modding so isnt in the know when it comes to tdi tuning blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

do you know anyone thats had revo map there 1.4 tdi? im interested to know how much quicker it makes it shifty.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shifty:" border="0" alt="shifty.gif" />

aslong as a sport exhaust makes a nice sound then thats all that matters to me  wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ...

i was just wondering because it would be my first tdi and even with my fez i havnt modded it apart from alloys  so im new to modding so isnt in the know when it comes to tdi tuning  blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

do you know anyone thats had revo map there 1.4 tdi? im interested to know how much quicker it makes it shifty.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shifty:" border="0" alt="shifty.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lynsey tried it I think, but it didn't rolling road as high as they claimed (although that might have been due to airflow).

She went for the AMD solution eventually, but it costs an absolute fortune. I'd go with the Jabbasport solution personally, they have a great reputation and while it costs a little more than the Revo off-the-shelf solution, should be much better.

ah right ok, erm you got the website for jabba? smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

thx for the replies people, now i know what to look out for if i start to crave more power about year or so after i buy the car tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

on that note, what are the tdi's like standard? only driven a renault master 90 dci so dont know what the cars are like ph34r.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I am trading up my Lupo GTI For a Seat Leon TDI 110 and rang up Jabbasport they quoted me for a remap £425 inclsive of VAT which includes custom remap and roading gotta get in the que though.Agree with Snoop Jabba it biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> ....Oh and Welcome to the Forum

just looked on the jabba site and unless the custom is the one to go for then it be cheaper for jabba to remap and even the custom is only few quid more and the figures are pretty much what revo says so all good shifty.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shifty:" border="0" alt="shifty.gif" />

last question out tdi tuning:

could someone give me the run down and what you can actually do to a tdi to make it rapid? shifty.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shifty:" border="0" alt="shifty.gif" />

just looked on the jabba site and unless the custom is the one to go for then it be cheaper for jabba to remap and even the custom is only few quid more and the figures are pretty much what revo says so all good  shifty.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shifty:" border="0" alt="shifty.gif" />

last question out tdi tuning:

could someone give me the run down and what you can actually do to a tdi to make it rapid?  shifty.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shifty:" border="0" alt="shifty.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Regarding the Prices I asked that question as the £365 price has now been scrapped as you would getmore out of the remap as it will be tuned to your specific car.

Re the TDI Tuning You stand to gain more power out of a TDI over a normally aspirated petrol.Firstly the injector opening times are changed to longer duration the turbo boostpressure is increased and the ecu remapped to new perameters? (I think) Gav the Derv doctor could clarify or someone who's had it done. Then you will have a high flow Air filter ( although not sure wether a pannel or a cda Airbox k&n or the like.Then a free flowing exhaust Like a Miltek ,Scorpion , etc. It is normally better to get the Add on bits like filters and exhausts fitted first then get it remapped coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

Edited by Marqs_Loopy

You do realise that the car is still going to be a diesel..?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah i know, just that ive seen people with tdi's fit sport exhausts so im guessing they make some sort of nice tone to wanna spend how ever much on them because really you aint gonna spend 200-300 for something that might only add couple brake that you probly wont even notice tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> ...

im just having a wild guess but with the remap would the top end possibly rise to around 115mph or higher and the 0-60 lower to around 9 seconds or quicker? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ..

see one way i go about looking at cars is comparing them to my mates as they all have alot faster cars so wanna be able to keep up, hence the tdi as one simple

mod and id be able to, plus better mpg and about equal power/weight ratio tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

theses are what my mates got:

Mk5 fiesta zs

Rover Tomcat 1.6

Civic Coupe 1.5(non Vtec)

Bmw 318 coupe

mk5 zetec-s, i used to have one, they have about 105-110 bhp.

0-60 in about 10

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my mates got a induction kit and custom exhaust system so might be slightly quicker, but a remapped tdi lupo would see that off i suspect as the arosa does it in high 11's standard i think so really only 1. sumat seconds slower wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />..

does anyone have a sound clip of a standard arosa sport? just wanna know what they sound like smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

hey there nice to see ya!

good to hear you want to mod your car but please....

(sensible hat on) dont go racing your mates on the road.....its not worth the inevitble hassle that comes along when someone either crashes or gets caught speeding(sensible hat off)

alos theres no point buying an exhaust just for the sound...or if you are doing that you might as well just buy a peco pile of noise making crap and bolt it on the back wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

bastuck systems are uber nice, and seem to fit wthout mods...but some people have had problems with other brands i hear....

as for the filter, a panel one might be the best bet, i had and induction kit on my g40 and it soaks up too much heat from the engine bay.....much more noticable with f/i cars....stick with a panel in my opinion...

slightly more extreme...but you could always go for a bigger turbo biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

i dont race, but it be nice to have a car for if my mates decide to race off out of sight i can put my foot down a catch them up like wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> , when ever we drive anywhere i always tend to lose my mates because they speed off laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ...

well unless its some sort of performance car then i cant see a sport exhaust making much difference on non performance cars like, just a nice sporty sound tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

really i will just wanna keep it simple, like remap,filter,exhaust and thats it thumbsup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbsup:" border="0" alt="thumbsup.gif" />

I have got a k&n panel/ cone type filter for little cost, done less than 1000 miles.

Warning, the airbox is in a weird place tucked by the drivers side wheel well.

John

johnyardley@bigfoot.com

fair point not a performancew car..no point in a performance exhaust...but if theres no point ina  performace exhaust then there really is no point in a noisy one that doesnt do owt.

nothing more embarassing than a car that makes lots of noise but doesnt go.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>