buggerd throttle body 1.4 16v

had car at vw with unsteady revs at idle they saidy throttle body sensor had gone but u cant get them u need a new throttle body at £411 has anyone had this prob ?

have u tried cleaning it out urself with carb cleaner? see if that will solve it, but if its the throttle position sensor im 90% sure u need a new throttle body.

If its an older lupo would a polo one work?

Edited by paulbin

that would be fantastic tigz as been ringing scrap yards and out of 7 one said he would let me know tomorrow .

if TIGZ's throttle body doesn't do the trick i have a spare one you can borrow which you can try out

also you need to have VW to program the new throttle body into the ECU when you fit it

when i fitted a new one on mine i had to take it to a garage for them to sort it out with VAG-COM as the throttle body would stick open when i hit 4000rpm which wasn't fun

i would try the temp sender first though as its only £20

****** sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> hope not credit cards looking worst for ware

jsut get a replacement one 2nd hand and have it programmed in by a local garage and see how it goes

you are talking £100 max

if you want me to lend you my spare throttle body then let me know, if you cover the postage charges then i am willing to lend it you to see if it is the problem without spending stupid amounts of money at VW

thanks for the the offer but got one of tigz . i have fitted it and it seems smoother but has stopped wheel spin in 2nd and idle is still lumpy so will try a garage just near my house to get it set it up my mate told they me did his vr6 and they were good will give an update if it all comes out good or not

well it bloody failed mot again mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> its over fuel in so taking it to get it set up next week i have new temp sensor so will fit just befor i take it . the drive to the mot center was fun tho as not had it running full power for along time it just wanted to pull in any gear its so cant wait to get it back bus's suck