A/C condenser

Paul64

I need to replace the condenser on my GTI and looking on Autodoc for example, there's various options of similar models. Does anyone know the significance of the 'A' at the end of the original part number (6XO820411'A')?

There are several choices online to replace it using the 6XO820411 but I wonder if A is for the region the car was originally sold in - larger version condenser perhaps for hotter climates?

Many thanks

Paul

The letter at the end of a VAG part number often means a design change. The beginning of the number usually means the model or design platform.

So it might be different. Ask for photos. :)

For my car - French original sale - with parts from Autodoc their references are as follows:

Continental Fanbelt - 6PK1153

Mahle Condenser - AC2860008 (matches size correctly) and supplied with attached dryer but not sold with o-ring seals for the pipe fittings...

Mahle Compressor - ACP61000S

The o-rings were reference 9GR 351 288-871

The condenser on my car has a larger surface area than those suggested by the website initially - use the measurements to confirm the length, height and thickness of the core. The o-ring references were found using the chat-bot on the Autodoc website and seem to match what I measured with a vernier.

Looks like next weekend will be quite busy - let's see how it goes!

Paul