Newbie!

Vivian

Hi everyone! I’m a previous Lupo owner, had a 1.0 blue whip about for 3 years. Sold in 2020 to get married and I’ve felt without ever since!

I’ve recently come across my absolute dream Lupo. A stunning Gti with low miles! Only snag is it’s been imported from Japan. Now it’s been registered and it has its V5. The bloke is selling for a scarily reasonable price, Just wanting some advice really. Pros and cons of an import, is there anything I need to be wary about? 

Thanks in advance! :) 

Is that the £5.5K one perchance? I won't profess to being particularly knowledgeable but to get the ball rolling - I think aside from the fact they are slightly less desired by the purists among us there isn't much to be concerned about, beyond what you'd be looking for on a UK example. Japanese cars tend to be much less prone to rust and corrosion so that is probably the biggest pro. Check that the speedometer has been changed over as the Japanese use kilometers I believe not miles. And if it is the one I said then the only way to get a replacement headlight washerjet cover is from a chap on here or Facebook that 3D prints them as VW don't make them anymore!