1.4 16v sport speeeeeeed

Landa

i did 100mph today in mine(hey only passed on fri) and i wasnt too happy, far better at 80mph, 100 too fast with stock sport suspension, felt rather wobbly etc..

i did 100mph today in mine(hey only passed on fri) and i wasnt too happy, far better at 80mph, 100 too fast with stock sport suspension, felt rather wobbly etc..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Really?! I had mine at 120 at Silverstone and it was fine biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Could be that you're just not used to that speed in a car wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> One lane starts to seem pretty small as you get faster than 90. TBH, if you get stiffer suspension it's only going to jump around more at speed as it will seek out adverse camber more and be upset by bumps in a bad way. I remember the days when 60 felt scary when I was learning to drive. In some ways I wish it still was. That way I'd probably be a lot safer tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Edited by ArosaMike

remember speed kills bikerz, sure you can do better than 100 wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

remember speed kills bikerz, sure you can do better than 100 wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

And there was me thinking it was just people who own 4x4s...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You mean Chelsea Tractors tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

You mean Chelsea Tractors tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

true and true snoop!

im a new member but iv raced so much in mine ive beaten 1.8 20v a3, xr2 an xr3i. and it just embarises the fiesta zetec s howeva i have noticed it strugles against the vtr's and iv found the handlin very twichy but it is a superb car ...

• 2 weeks later...

Handling on standard suspension on sport is shocking IMO. I had only just passed my test at the time so i guess there was lack of experience going on there aswell.

Since ive had the coilovers i'l never look back, my tyres are s**t but it still handles great, you dont appreciate quite how much better it is til u go back n drive a standard car.

Handling on standard suspension on sport is shocking IMO.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think I've worked out that the Lupo and Arosa Sport have different suspension. Arosa is definitely lower standard.

With regards 0-60. Ignore the book times. A GTI will do 60 in mid 7s easy and Sport will be around low 9s to high 8s. To give you a bit of an idea, I did a 17.2s 1/4mile in mine with a sub, seats, full tank and bag of food/drinks etc the other weekend. High 16s are possible without seats.