Breaking problem!!

......As i go to slow down from around 60-70mph i get vibrations through my steering wheel unbreaking now i had the balancing done but hasn't helped! any ideas? looks like another trip 2 my stealer sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Bushes? Damaged disc/s? Ball joint/s? You've got a few possible sources of problems here, none of them necessarily serious.

Possibly not, cos they'll probably say most of it's wear and tear, although you've got a slight chance with the bushes and even a miniscule chance with the ball joints.

You never know with dealers. Discs are often ommited just because they're whole function invovles wearing down, but with so few miles you might be alright. If they're cracked (rare but does happen) you'd probably be ok, but if they're warped they might say you've used them too hard etc.

Until you know what's wrong, it's difficult to know whether they'll grip it for you. And of course, they'll probably charge you to look!

cheers for the advice ill take her down there tomorrow see what they say!! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Keep us posted...always interesting to know how they react to these things

I was getting it through the wheel when cruising along the m/way for example as well but as you suggested I had the balancing checked and it has rectified this problem but didnt cure the vibrations under breaking! If it is warped discs I think my fixed cost maintenance plan covers this but not sure!

Edited by Ty

When I said damaged discs I was cutting corners by combining warped and cracked discs. Sorry, should have explained better - just cos I know what's going on in my head, doesn't mean anyone else does! Woops

Thats ok mate I get the idea on what you were saying lol! hopefully they'll find the problem quickly dont want to be waiting around going backwards and forwards from the stealer!

Edited by Ty

Just an update........ took her down the stealer today and got her booked in for next week ended up having a row with the bloke about it being under warranty i explained the car had only done 7000 miles and he told me they only covered cars up to 6000 miles for breaks etc so instead of getting into a massive row with the bloke i told him i had a maintenance plan which covered breaks etc so he said he had never heard of it! So i showed him all the relevant docs and all is now well! there going to do it for free biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> !!

Edited by Ty

nope i said did they want to check her over first before i bring her in they said no we should be able to do it on the day! (which they probably wont) but they said the same as you as to what the cause is!

Edited by Ty