Manual Wing Mirrors Won't Adjust!

JoeyEunos

As per the title really :huh:

My Lupo SDI has manual wing mirrors and the adjustment 'toggle' inside the car is just hanging loose and doesn't actually feel as though it's connected to anything! At the moment I'm just winding down the window (Yes, winding because poverty spec!) and adusting the mirror itself by hand, not ideal....

My question is simple, do I need to replace the whole unit with second hand/replacement parts or is it possible to repair them? Also, I can't seem to find any 'how to' guides as to taking the mirrors off/apart...

As always, thanks for any help/musings/suggestions or advice!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd better update this, I stripped the mirrors down and found that lots of the plastic catches iside had broken so they were un-repairable TBH. Luckily I found a pair in the correct colour for the princely sum of £10 about 20 miles drive away, needless to say I bought and fitted them and now all is well ;)

Removal is simple, pull the black plastic adjuster pod off (That's right, just pull it), then do the salme with the interior body coloured trim that covers the mirror from inside of the car, then remove the large hex nut thing that holds on the adjuster (I used a large adjustable spanner but the nut looked to be approx 30mm, and finally there's just one large torx headed screw that hold the mirror on. Simples!