amp not turning off *sorted!+piccies*

ok so finally got the trim out tonight and wired the cabling through to the boot. plugged everything into the amp and sub which worked amazingly!

however when i turned the car and stereo off the amp stayed on. the remote cable is wired in correctly to the stereo and amp (i think) so any ideas what ive done wrong?

cheers

Jen x

*edit*

its sorted! just disconnected the lead! exactly like Derek said! the great thing is that the loom that came with the pioneer already has a bullet connector on the remote lead so it was easy!

so its all in

Stereo.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Fusion.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

its a quite a subtle sound + set up i think, but its exactly what i wanted! good quality sound. i tell you what though i am suprised how insulated lupos are! you cant hear it outside at all unless its stupidly loud. my bloke has a farty seicento arbarth and you can hear everything that goes on in his car!

sorry i didnt get the pics to you tigz, camera had no battery, but at least its sorted now!

cheers for the help!

Jen x

Edited by gurl_racer

You havn't connected the remote to your main power have you?

It is to a remote feed wire?

Can you take a pic of the wireing at each end of the system?

Email it if to the address under my name and I'll take a look for you.

Edited by Tigz

its using the fusion wiring kit, the remote goes down the middle. i soldered a spade to it and connected it to the blue lead on the back of the stereo and screwed it into the hole in the side of the amp i think! its the hole next to the power cable and the earth cable. ive taken it out again tonight because it needs to be screwed onto the top of my sub box when its sorted but ill take a pic tomorrow.

it should turn off automatically i would of thought but i mean there isnt a setting on the stereo or anything silly like that is there? its a pioneer head unit and a fusion amp and sub.

cheers

Jen x

Edited by gurl_racer

This happened to me aswell. I never found out what it was as i took the amp out, so I wouldnt mind knowing what was up cos it wasnt the amp. But i reackon it was something to do with the way the headunit was wired up in the first place.

Cheers

Think i may be able to sort this. I had same problem when wiring up my fitted my Alpine HU.

Now obviously the make of head unit may affect this but on the loom i got with the head unit there is a blue wire which runs from the ISO plug to the connector at the HU side.

All i did was cut this and tape up both ends. As advised by Alpine.

That solved the problem. It's got something to do with being another constant live. And the wire isn't needed. I wouldn't worry about chopping it, cos if it doesn't solve it, just fit bullet connectors and join it back together.

Hope that helps

Derek shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

cheers! im really chuffed with it! the head unit is fab, and the fusion kit is loud and very clear too, really simple to use and set up as well. though i darent test it too loud as my speakers are not happy chappies. the one has started making popping noises everytime i change radio station or turn it off. what size are the door speakers? 16cm? need to save up for some fusion ones to finish it off!

dont think im going to bother with 6x9's though. got more important things to spend my hard earned cash on!

Jen x

Edited by gurl_racer

dont think im going to bother with 6x9's though. got more important things to spend my hard earned cash on!

Jen x

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good! Don't bother with 6x9s, get some decent from components and amp them up and you'll be laughing!