Jump to content

neebsta

Members
  • Content Count

    20
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

neebsta last won the day on February 23

neebsta had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

3 Neutral

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. To be honest I’ve heard it named many things. When I asked at a scrappers for a passenger front stub axle - they presented me with the right part. I shall refer to the part as part A. Yes, it was this part that was bent, as the two parts were compared side by side once the old one was removed. As all of the running gear has been replaced, replacing this amongst everything else on that front left corner has remedied the issue, which was a priority. I taxed and insured it on Friday so I can run everything in and try and pinpoint some of the interior rattles, which are a bit annoying. Over time I’ll get to the bottom of them like I did with my T4.
  2. No, I mean stub axle and steering knuckle.
  3. 12 months MOT with no advisories ✅✅👏🏻👏🏻
  4. It wasn’t my vehicle when whatever happened happened. It’s been SORN since I bought it, so I wouldn’t have a leg to stand on. It’s all good now except for a couple of bits - rear wiper motor is now defunct - a common VW fault. Then the body work 😃 This car is like Triggers broom 👍🏻 It’s only for playing with so there’s no rush for the work to be completed.
  5. It was bought with that problem. No idea. The front left wheel was an inch further back than the front right. All sorted now and clearance distance is exactly the same on both sides. I can’t imagine that this was an intentional design feature. It’s basically had the full corner replaced. Track rods, stub axle, shocks springs, CV joint etc. Alignment bar tracking is now spot on.
  6. This Lupo is having tracking done today (massively out on the front due to bent stub axle) this has been replaced and tracking adjusted by eye so it can be driven, also having the MOT done. Should pass as practically everything that was a potential fail area has been replaced. I’ve got another exhaust and centre pipe coming towards the end of March. The original exhaust which is still on the car is absolutely shot. The best cost effective exhaust solution I could find was a Scorpion exhaust. It’s second hand, but never used. It’s not in keeping with my OEM ideals, but the alternatives where too pricey on a car that’s costs are already far greater than I expected!
  7. The resurrection continues. All mechanical issues resolved, head has been resealed which has cured an oil leak. All front end shocks, springs and top mounts have been replaced along with passenger front stub axle which was bent. The water pump and cambelt have been changed. Oil /antifreeze/coolant all changed. It has meant that all 4 refurbished Bathurst wheels are now fitted. Once the tracking is sorted out. Next stop will be the body work. There’s a replacement rear bumper/spoiler that need a respray (currently in silver) and a towing eye cover and passenger wing mirror cover that are in primer. I’m looking for a GTI grille badge with the red ‘I’ I’ve sourced the rear with a red ‘I’ and I have red piping for the grille once the bodywork is finished. I could always inlay some red vinyl into the current grille badge, but I’m really after a factory enamel version.
  8. New rear discs New rear pads New rear shocks New front shocks Door check straps replaced
  9. Going on today. Amongst other things
  10. I just attacked the 3 rusted nuts that hold the brake light into the spoiler. It’s not a particularly tidy job, but was the only way I could see to remove it. Quite what VW were thinking when using these cheap and nasty fixings I don’t know. Not normally the VW way. I had the original black spoiler to practice on 😂 breaking through the light is less straight forward as the top of screw heads are smooth and well sunk into the light fitting itself. The spoiler will definitely be reattached with stainless fittings.
  11. The brake light is out now with the help of a Dremel. What a pain that was.
  12. It needs lots of tlc still, it’s not going to be in daily use, it will be garaged when not in use. I have managed to get the brake light off what is now my second spoiler. They are terribly designed for water ingress, the two bolts either side are now turning in the spoiler. Seems what looks like rivnuts are turning in the spoiler.
  13. Cheers I have had a look. Drilling or breaking the lens seems the only option for rusted bolts.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.