just brought Lupo help please but worried

bradpit999

its a 1.4 Lupo 2003 on a 52 plate with 66700 miles its the "S" model

gearbox seems sloppy i am used to the gearbox feeling tight in a narrow gate when its in a gear only small movement from side to side when in gear i have a lot of movement it doesn't seem normal

when changing up through the gears 3rd gear there is a crunch unless all the revs are allowed to die, If i attempt a "normal" change then it crunches into 3rd on way up and 2nd on way down the gearbox ????

this isn't normal of course but is it a common problem and common fix or is it a new gear box ??

while on that subject does any 1.4 gearbox fit from the VAG group of companies ( polo, Leon, ect ) or is it exclusively a LUPO box i am needing ???

drivers window is electric but doesn't work ......................... anyone know where the fuse for this is, Passenger one works so if they are on same circuit then its not fuses

and lastly it has a single key ( none plipper) to operate the central locking does this car have a plipper or is it 2 keys that are for key operation only ???

thank you

Also try adjusting the clutch :) it may be that the clutch is catching and not disengaging properly? Is It hard to get into other gears? Or is there any feeling?

With the window, try swapping the working switch into the other door :) it may work and it'll let you know if its the switch or not as they fail sometimes :)

Thanks for the advice on the door switch i was just about to start removing door panels as a starting point your point is much more sensible

the gearbox....................... it feel sloppy around the selector in gears 1-2-4-5 it engages upward perfect although when in the gear there is a lot of moment when its IN gear, upward change to 3 is a crunch unles revs are at idle

downwards 5-4-3- 1 all ok but 2nd is a crunch to get into gear again unless the revs are at idle

so in essence if i drive it like you should crunch to get into 3rd and then downwards to 2nd