Puncture!

Feck, Feck Feck.

I got a 2" monster nail through my rear tyre, slow puncture, but the tyre is ruined. It had about 80% of its tread left too.

So I used that "Tyre Repair" stuff to get me to a garage, but thanks to the tyres rareness, they wont have it until tomorrow, and its going to cost me £105 (171 Euro's) to get it replaced, PLUS the cost of more tyre repair goo from VW.

[b:post_uid0]THEN[/b:post_uid0] when I got back into my car, the fucking seat handle fell off that you use to pull the seat forward!!!

NOT a good day for me or my car....Bugger.

Too late smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

They actually fitted an SP 8000 instead, £102 all in.

Almost identical, but it has very small "V" shaped groves running accross the 3 main water channels....I didn't realise they were different until I got home....

QUOTE(Lupo TDI)
Hm...that's no good......! is the VW thingy easy to use? I thought of buying one, as I can't reach my spare tyre because of my amp....

Anyway: that tyre is damn expensive! It's a SP 2000 isn't it?

And yeah, its easy to use....take the valve (the metal "pin" inside when you take off the cap) out using supplied tool, squeeze in content of bottle, infate tyre using supplied `powered-pump`....

Easy!

Tell the tyre people to watch out when they take the tyre off though, the stuff goes EVERYWHERE! And it bloody stinks!

ofc if u were really forward thinking u could buy a tyre to keep in the house so if u get a puncture u just stop off at home then go get it stuck on. tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I contemplated that after getting a puncture last year and it taking nearly a week for VW to get me a repacement - couldn't find any alternatives to the Dunlops - don't think anyone makes em in our unique size!

My car has Firestone Firehawks and i think that all the Lupos here get those... well the older models got Michelins. I got an offer of 440 pounds that would get me 4 15" oz polaris and 4 Pirelli P7000 tyres what do you think about that?? smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

well i have just got a new tyre because mine got a screw in it, im not the only one so me and my mates reckon someone puttin them under our tyres! only prob is it has a diff tread as the standard ones on the lupo arent over in england yet :s

QUOTE(MattyB)
If its with a 195/45/15 tyre then thats a good price

Jep i think that's the tyre sizes. Now just have to wait till i get the money mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

I thought of Porsche 993 wheels as well, but those are 17's and i don't wanna do any work on the arches (yet tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> )