Replacing door lock paddle.

Hi we had an issue with my wife's old polo, the drivers door wouldn't lock with the key so had to use the passenger door. I had the paddle replaced at volksworx in leeds for about 30 quid. We've just bought an old arosa and it seems to have the issue (key jusy spinning all the way round and not operating the lock) so iv ordered the part myself off ebay for the grand total of 4 quid. Just wondering if anyone knows of a guide I can check before I start? From what I remember it seemed pretty straight forward and I know what to do once the handles off but still would like some reassurance before I start taking locks apart.

Thanks

I've done it before, there are some video guides on youtube that show disassembly.

It's worth having an extra pair of hands if you can.

And be very careful when you try to take the barrel out of the door, the metal collar can fall off and is a nightmare to get back on, so if possible get someone else to turn the Torx screw whilst you look at the lock from the inside of the door so you can see when it lines up and not turn it too far!

Reassembling the lock barrel can also be tricky and need two pairs of hands, pushing the paddle down and locking it in with the srping is tricky but doable.