Bloody windows

Liam77uk

So bought Lupo today.. The seller informed me the windows had both stopped worked.

Got it home, took off drivers side door card, the window switch for the drivers side was no longer attached to the housing, the silver connections attached to the circuit board just fell off.. I guess this is why it wasn't working?

There was no switch in place for the passengers side.

However, when I checked the passengers side, there appeared to be no issue, the switch was there as it should be. When I tried the switch, I just hear a click.

If the master switch on drivers side doesn't have a passengers switch in place, does the passenger side switch not work independently?

Of note, the lock/unlock switch works.

My question, should I purchase a new drivers side master switch?

Regarding the passenger side, should I removing the lower door section and lubing the wires?

Sorry for long post.. Many thanks

Ps, is anyone selling a drivers side switch?

The passengers side should work even without the drivers side one in. But the click to me sounds like the motor. My drivers side switch wasn't working wheni got mine so swapped it for the passengers for a couple of weeks till i got a new one. From dealers there around £30 !