High intake temps

Dblock

Hi guys,

2003 Arosa 1.4 Tdi AMF remapped.

So I have a scangauge and it tells me lots of things. One of those is intake temps. Now my intake temps hit 40-50c easily going uphill with cruise control at 70mph or when on a back road and using the gears.When I'm very light on the throttle the temp is about 20c but rising super quick when accelerating hard.

Yes it's a turbo that's how they work you might think. BUT we have 2 Arosa 1.4 tdi's in the house. The other one doesn't rise nearly as fast and never goes over 35c. Both are remapped and have the same mods. Coolant temperature is fine.

Any idea's on what it is?

Hi guys,

2003 Arosa 1.4 Tdi AMF remapped.

So I have a scangauge and it tells me lots of things. One of those is intake temps. Now my intake temps hit 40-50c easily going uphill with cruise control at 70mph or when on a back road and using the gears.When I'm very light on the throttle the temp is about 20c but rising super quick when accelerating hard.

Yes it's a turbo that's how they work you might think. BUT we have 2 Arosa 1.4 tdi's in the house. The other one doesn't rise nearly as fast and never goes over 35c. Both are remapped and have the same mods. Coolant temperature is fine.

Any idea's on what it is?

Does the Arosa have pre and post intercooler temps?

I would guess blocked or leaking intercooler or a boost leak post intercooler.

Its only post intercooler I think. The thing is if it was leaking surely it wouldn't boost properly? Or would it?

There is nothing obstructing the intercooler from getting cold air but some people say they can get gunked up on the inside.

It sounds like your intercooler's not doing its job, cores may be corroded or block up. Blasting some compressed air through it is one way of cleaning it out.

Is your fan tripping on/off as it should? Have you ruled out a dicky thermostat causing heatsoak?

Yeah 100% fan works. Coolant temp is stable. I think the cores as you said have had it plus apparently it fills with oil.

It's not really gunked up on the outside as far as I can see.

New intercooler plus I'm hopefully going to add a spray system too lol.