Replacing Lupo Heater Matrix - Advice Needed, Please!

Unfortunately the heater matrix in my Lupo started dribbling into the passenger footwell last year. The car has been laid up since - awaiting better weather and more time for me to fix it.

But now the time has arrived and I'm hoping to start work on it this weekend.

I am aware that I will have to remove the dashboard to access and replace the matrix. I did download a Lupo manual online to see if this would help. Unfortunately I can't get this to open up on my computer. Therefore I remain ignorant and I'm not sure where to start and what to look for.... :unsure:

So...... I'm hoping some of you guys may and may be able to offer me some guidance? :thumbup:

Can not help with detailed advice as I not done it on the Lupo but having done it on my old Mk2 Golf a while ago I can tell you that it is a fairly big job - not technically difficult but fiddly and time consuming. If you can not get the manual to work on your computer it may be worth getting hold of a Haynes manual for the Polo as the layout is very similar.

Make sure that you disconnect the battery before you start and take photos to help with putting it back together.

• Like 1

you will need a manual because taking out the dash is a major pain (they hide bolts where you would not believe) some of the available manuals available need xp to run. to do this you need to install a virtual machine on your computer, bit of a pain but it works.. geoff

Thank you both for your guidance and advice.

In the end I bottled it and I've just bypassed the heater matrix.

The downside may be that I have no heater in the car :( but I'm very happy to have the Lupo back on the road again :swerve: