front shocks problem

gatesy0093

So basically a while ago my coilovers bust so I fitted some 40mm springs all round on standard shocks, however I couldnt fully tighten the nuts onto the top of the front shocks because the allen key slot was buggered and rounded, me and my dad only managed to tighten them by gripping them with a small pipe wrench and the spanner for the nut. it then went and got the tracking done but only the toe, so it still has some camber, not that it needs it haha.

my only problem now is that this was a few months ago, and ever since then it still doesnt drive straight. every morning on the way to work and at night when i come back from my girlfriends house, i reverse out of the drive and you can hear the whole front suspension clunking, this then throws the tracking out and it pulls mega to whichever side i decided to turn when pulling out :/ originally i thought this would go when the springs settled but it hasnt, the only thing i can think of is that the suspension isnt tight enough which is causing the lack of pressure on the springs causing them to slip.

Obviously i would tighten them up but i cant, is there anyway of fixing them top the of the shocks? or am i going to have to buy new shocks and topmount kit to sort the problem out?

Cheers, Joe

If your already lowered then those cheap Jom coilivers might be worth it? But that sounds pretty dodgy. Also too much camber can make it tramline and not want to go straight too. Also when you go over a bump does your steering go over the place?

No it doesn't jump all over the spot. But in the morning when I reverse out of my spot you can hear it all clunking on the front. And whichever way i turn. When I straighten up and pulls loads to the opposite side of the way I turned. Dunno if that makes sense haha