lupo key

huzzy134

Hi just woundering if anyone could help I am trying to work out if my 2002 lupo se has a transponder in the key I am looking to get an after market central locking kit for it and they come with two keys but dont have transponders in them just woundering if I need to get the transponders as well

They all have transponders in the key. You can remove the transponder from the old key and put it in the new key if the new key has the space for it. To take the old key apart you stick a small flat screw driver in the hole around the edge. The key with a small light is easier to take apart.

If you get new keys with transponders you can also have them programmed to the car, but you will probably have to pay a locksmith to do this using a computer. You would also want to make sure you get the same physical cut for the key so it works your doors and ignition.

You would probably have to declare after market central locking to your insurance.

Edited by stator