Flexible Mesh Coupling/Exhaust

Had my Lupo up on a ramp the other day at work whilst changing the oil. Noticed that my Mesh coupling next to my cat converter was a little stained. We fired up the engine and found it was leaking a little gas.. guess its only going to get worse. (also, MOT Failure???)

Has anyone had this and what's the best way to resolve it, Its a complete unit to replace, with the cat converter its about £80, so not as much as most but i'm thinking i might not have to...

Maybe just cut it off and weld a new one on? Found this website, couldn't believe the name either!
http://www.made-in-china.com/products-search/hot-china-products/flexible_exhaust_pipe.html

Theres no type of flexible mesh seal i can put on it?

Thanks

You can buy flexis off eBay. IMO depending on how much the flexi is to fit is the main cost. E.g. If it's going to cost let's say £10 for the part but depending on how much your garage charge to fit will see if it's worth it or not.

• 2 weeks later...

measure up your flexi to the parts were its welded to the exhaust pipe as I've got a bolt on one from when mine was blowing I never got round to fitting it all you have to do it cut yours out slot it in place and clamp it with the clamps that come with it or alternatively you could weld it in like I was goin to do :-D