Car won't start after clutch change?

Mattz341

Hey fellas! Right. I've changed the clutch on my 1.0 lupo, got that all in and done and now the sodding thing won't start, get all lights and dials and the starter motor engages when I turn the key, I'm presuming I've missed a connection somewhere and that's the cause of it, just wanted to know if you guys have any other ideas? Many thanks!!! Matt.

I know it sounds stupid but check everything that you think it wouldn't be. Same thing happen to my 1L and it ending up needed a new cambelt and distributor. It was crazy! Hope you get it sorted :) xx

Checked everything, it engages but the engine won't spin over at all, not by hand either, it's taking the current for the starter motor as well so assuming flywheel jammed :/ x

That's what mine did :(. It was off the road for four days. Tried bloody everything. Wouldn't even work when we tried to jump start it. It would try and turn over but just wouldn't go. I don't know how I didn't seize the engine. But it was just the cambelt tensioner that had gone. we rang ten RAC and they came out to have a look. We didn't think it would be that though as the clutch is no way near it lol xx