knocking on full lock

posted previously in lupo section, but had no reply...thought I'd see if I get any help in this forum

I've just fitted some kw 1's with the springs sitting 2.5 inches from the bottom of the strut threads. I've also changed my wheels over to some starlites with 185/55/15 avons. A couple of times at low speed on full lock i've had a knock/clunk when turning left...I've had the wheel off and there's no play in the cv joint.

Afterwards I noticed that with the steering locked to the right, that the inside of the rim is pretty much touching the tie rod on the drivers side...so was thinking this is the problem on the opposite side - though it's too dark now to check. Has anyone else had problems running starlites? If so would a 5mm spacer be adequate to sort the clearance???

Are there any other issues that anyone thinks it could be? Any help/suggestions would be appreciated :thumbup:

Thanks for the reply!

new top mount, bearings were used and then bolted up as tight as possible...had a quick look and moved the helper spring and reseated it. Haven't heard the noise since, so hopefully that has fixed that.

The drivers side wheel is still catching the tie rod though...not quite sure why this is??? I'll have to see if it has a weight balancing the rim - as I know one of them had one on, as well as the stick on weights...maybe that extra mm or two is the problem!!!