Question Regarding Immobiliser chip

lupoguy

Hi folks found it now it was in the plastic bit underneath the wheel.

Now I've got another question, the chip is a little bit damaged from where I had to remove it with great bloomin force from the fob (they must have used super super super glue to stick it) and After leaving the key in the ignition with the ignition on for over 10 minutes (with the chip sat next to it on the barrel entry) it still started up and cut out after a second. The car has a VERY VERY low battery, so could this be a cause for it not to pair up with the chip and hence the reason the immobiliser is kicking in? The chip is damaged on one end so that I can just start to see copper wire but can't see that the wire is damaged at all

Regards

• 1 month later...

Hi folks found it now it was in the plastic bit underneath the wheel.

Now I've got another question, the chip is a little bit damaged from where I had to remove it with great bloomin force from the fob (they must have used super super super glue to stick it) and After leaving the key in the ignition with the ignition on for over 10 minutes (with the chip sat next to it on the barrel entry) it still started up and cut out after a second. The car has a VERY VERY low battery, so could this be a cause for it not to pair up with the chip and hence the reason the immobiliser is kicking in? The chip is damaged on one end so that I can just start to see copper wire but can't see that the wire is damaged at all

Regards

Hi folks can anyone check my recent threads and shine some light on these issues?

Regards

Tbh it looks like the immobiliser is gone. A dead battery wouldn't cause the engine to start then immediately cut out (that's the most common sign for the immobiliser to be faulty).

I'm assuming you don't have another key to test with? Only real option then is to go to vw and get another chip. I've read it's about £70 to get a brand new key coded to the car from vw so, unless they don't sell chips on their own, it should be a wee bit less than that. Just give vw a call in the morning and they'll give you a price. Alternatively email lupogtiboy on here and ask him as he works for vw.