Indicator Problems

I had problems with my indicators not working properly. The stalk had to be full clicked on for them to work (ie. you couldn't hold it down manually) and they wouldn't self cancel.

I read the tutorial on fixing the contacts in the stalk, and decided to buy a brand new genuine stalk instead for easiness.

Now the right indicator doesn't work at all! (clicked up or held up)

However the left indicators now works perfectly, as does the full beam, left parking light AND right parking light! So basically everything works except for the right indicators.

The hazard warning light switch also works for both sides (front and rear, left and right)

Any suggestions what might be the problem?!

The correct switch will need to be fitted, as there are different versions for them over the years. Did you buy a genuine VW switch? Or was it a non genuine one from somewhere. As they are not that well made, as many people have asked me about them.

Regards, Dale.

I had a play with the wires inside the steering wheel cover this morning, and everything has worked perfectly all day! :thumbup:

Not sure what the problem was really, may be just a loose connection.

Thanks for the reply though. It was a genuine unit, managed to get a bargain on eBay from a dealership with surplus stock!