Hello from Cambridge/Suffolk area

BlackBeast

Just bought myself a black 2003 Lupo 1.0 SE 50bhp yesterday with 111k miles for £850, really chuffed with it. Looking back through its history, it has had a cambelt and clutch change 10k miles ago and the only MOT advisories for the last 4years have been for tyre tread depth.

It does have a few faults, need to replace the door check straps on both sides, resistor for the heaters (only #4 currently works), the tailgate handle is rusty and the main one of concern is that the check engine light was on. I've since read the codes and it came back with high idle speed, deleted it and after popping down to the fuel station it hasn't come back on. The idle speed is a little high, it idles at roughly the same RPM (1000rpm) for when the engine is cold and warm.

I think I'll remove the throttle body/anything else I can think of and give everything a good clean up first, then change the coolant temp sensor if its still an issue.

Cheers

Steve

thats well cheap i bought my 1litre x reg arosa for £900 with minor bumper damage tho mine had 49k and three owners now had a lot more miles now lol . my engine idled a little high check for any air escaping from the black pipes in the engine bay thats what the problem ended up as with mine . It should idle at between 850 rpm and 900 rpm

thats well cheap i bought my 1litre x reg arosa for £900 with minor bumper damage tho mine had 49k and three owners now had a lot more miles now lol . my engine idled a little high check for any air escaping from the black pipes in the engine bay thats what the problem ended up as with mine . It should idle at between 850 rpm and 900 rpm

Thanks for the tip, will have a good check over the engine on the weekend.

I've bought the resistor for the heaters for £17 and will hopefully get a 2nd hand tailgate handle for £20. Check straps will have to be bought from VW, but those will have to wait until I now what parts if any I need for the engine.