Will it fit

Hi guys it been a while...

I'm really into buting a new steering wheel and i've seen (don't know where) one Lupo with one like this, from a VW Golf V

1338533946_389127721_1-Fotos-de--Volante-em-pele-com-airbag-para-VW-Golf-V-20079.jpg

1338533946_389127721_2-Volante-em-pele-com-airbag-para-VW-Golf-V-20079-Porto.jpg

But the thing is will it fit? Anyone knows if it is plug &play or does it need an adapter?

Cheers

Guilherme

Edited by Guilherme

Ok guys. For those who are interested in changing the steering wheel and were curious about this post, i've got the answer.

All the credits goes to the user fatttty who was truely amazing and sent me this message (thanks again mate, brilliant)

Here you have it:

"Hi,

Its possible to fit almost any VAG type fitemtn steering wheel as the wheel bosses are identical from model to model. The Mk5 wheel that you have pictured fits in a very similar way to the Mk6 that I fitted.

Do you plan on just bolting it on for looks or would you wnat it doing properly with correct airbag connections and working horn etc?

If you wnat it doing properly and have all the wiring done this is where things get trickier. The airbag wiring from a MK5/6 gold / scrirroco sterring wheel is different to that of a Lupo. You will need a spare lupo airbag slip ring (got mine off eBay for £25.00 ish) you then need to convert this to suit the MK5/6 airbag plug.

You need to mount the lupo slip ring to the back of the Mk5/6 wheel, you need to drill 3 x holes into the wheel and bolt the slip ring to back of the wheel with 3 x M4 type bolts. Also you need to file away some of the steering hweel boss to allow the slip ring to sit as flush a possible.

The horn is wired up using the existing Lupo horn wire from the slip ring and a secondary horn earthing wire needs to be wired in. The MK6 requires 2 horn wires. Not totally sure about the MK5 to be honest.

Hope that helps :)

Alex"

And that's it guys, hope this share could help some of you as it did to me :)

Edited by Guilherme