Lower Engine Mount

I know that lupo's are jerky on the throttle (down to the design of the lower engine/dog bone mount i reckon) and i try to drive and disengage the clutch smoothly but as much as i try it's still not always smooth when you change gear and bring the clutch back up you really have to try lol. And also when i break the power by depressing the clutch (say i'm traveling at a speed and see lights change so coast up towards) theres a driveline shunt, which leads me to believe that the mounts bush has worn, but theres no upgraded poly bush version of the mounts bush out there. Anyone else have this problem.

Edited by kingsley11

Lupos in general are not 'jerky on the throttle'. I would suggest there is an issue with your particular Lupo.

If you replace the mount with a new OEM one you will be fine. (Assuming its that thats causing a problem)

Also, its bad practice to coast, it removes driver control and used more fuel than simply letting off the throttle

Yeah it has an issue

But..for use of a better phrase, especially at low speeds they are jerky, even friends that have 6N2 Polo's have agreed that theirs are like that.

Can't believe it uses more fuel im clutch down everywhere. but yeah you have a good point.

Could be the mount and or something else, would love to have the custom mod that 'nfbr' does to them by filling them with a resin ?

I find mine is extremely jerky compared to other similar car's i've driven, a few of the loacals on the scene also agree with me.. and like you said kingsley, it's even more noticeable in lower gears.