Speaker wiring Ohms and power

I have a quick question need a little advice, here it goes 2 4ohm speakers wired in parallel drops resistance down to 2ohms then on to a 2 ohm stable Source that gives 60watts output, now the 60watts output, are both the speakers given 60watts each or is the power shared so 30watts per speaker ?

I have a quick question need a little advice, here it goes 2 4ohm speakers wired in parallel drops resistance down to 2ohms then on to a 2 ohm stable Source that gives 60watts output, now the 60watts output, are both the speakers given 60watts each or is the power shared so 30watts per speaker ?

30 each

and no stereo!

Edited by joeadamou

by that do you mean:

1) you have two individual speakers, one is a 80w speaker and the other is a 30w speaker

OR

2) you have two sets of speakers, one is an 80w set and the other is a 30w set

thats quite important, if its 1) then you're wasting your time wiring them up together as when you want to turn up to 80w of power, the 30w will be overpowered by more than double and would probably blow.

if its 2) thats cool, best bet would be to get a 4ch amp (alpine are decent and can be had for around £60 on ebay used) that way you can hook the 80w set to the front outputs, the 30w set to the rear outputs. Then, decent 4ch amps have a fader which allows you to send more power to the 80w set.

Edited by joeadamou

It would be the first one, I understand now I was having a stupid moment and could not get my head around it but that cleared it up nicely, I'm now planning on getting a set of 3 way components instead would make wiring easier and sound a lot better then different sets of speaks I assume

With respect, thats ****. If you take that mentality, you need a speaker for every frequency. A good set of components respond well over their entire frequency range (about 65-20000). Also, what is a 3.5 inch midrange, this is sound we are talking about not length.