Black Mk1 Arosa

jake17

i wouldn't leave the spigot ring off, its theyre for a reason, i'd just put a spacer on to it clears it (will help fill the arch as well)

The spigot ring was there for the old wheels, the bbs wheels have the right centre bore. They wont fit with the spigot ring, neither will a vw specific spacer.

Was gonna say that they're mcgaurd ones, they do a pretty good job of making their keys/locks slightly diff from each other, so a second key wont work.

As you've got a pic of the bolt, I'm assuming that the bolt isnt on the car?

Do you have enough bolts to put the wheels on? Use that as a temp measure until you find the key?

Horror to my ears :( the arosa is booked in to my local tyre garage today for the guy to "see what he can do" about my locking nuts, fingers crossed he manages to get them off :/

He'll probably just smack it for 10 mins with a spanner extension piece, and a rubber mallet, should do the trick though could leave you without locking nuts. (Bet you find the locking nut when you get home too!)

He'll probably just smack it for 10 mins with a spanner extension piece, and a rubber mallet, should do the trick though could leave you without locking nuts. (Bet you find the locking nut when you get home too!)

Panic over with the wheel nuts!! :thumbup: popped over to my local trusted wheel garage who gave it ago before giving up and sending me over the road to a coach garage, 20 secs on each nut with a special power tool and the buggers were off - 10 quid :)

Definately saw you on the A40 near ross-on-wye, car was looking sweet maybe in need of a clean though hah. I was in the back of a purple slammed polo on my way to college :)

No way haha i noticed you straight away mate! :yes: cant really say the Arosa is looking good at all in its current state yet as ive only had it a month but your polo was nice and loooww :thumbsup: was with the missus on the way to Birmingham for the weekend to go to the Top Gear Live show and yeah she was extremely dirty thanks to the **** local weather ive been having! good shout for finding me on here dude! :thumbup:

Edited by jake17

No way haha i noticed you straight away mate! :yes: cant really say the Arosa is looking good at all in its current state yet as ive only had it a month but your polo was nice and loooww :thumbsup: was with the missus on the way to Birmingham for the weekend to go to the Top Gear Live show and yeah she was extremely dirty thanks to the **** local weather ive been having! good shout for finding me on here dude! :thumbup:

Not my polo man I've got standards :tongueout: I was in the back, but yeah it's low, the speedbumps at college give the car a beating. Thought you meant you're missus was dirty for a second there haha, was easy I reconised the backwards hat from a mile off

Not my polo man I've got standards :tongueout: I was in the back, but yeah it's low, the speedbumps at college give the car a beating. Thought you meant you're missus was dirty for a second there haha, was easy I reconised the backwards hat from a mile off

Whoops not the best way i could have written that comment about my car being dirty! :thumbsup: im guessing you mean about the hat from the picture fitting the grille then aha?

Just a few small updates to keep this thread alive! got fed up of driving around on the Ripspeed alloys which came with the car as im still saving for the BBS's to be painted so just chucked them on anyway, much much better now just needs slamming! coillies should be being ordered tomorrow as its payday so as long as my employer hasnt scrimped my wage then should be all good. Sorry about dirty car!

100_3367.jpg

100_3368.jpg

Also finally got round to getting on with the boot build, managed to finish the wood work and do a trial fit of the false floor as you can see below, wood just needs covering now. Had issues with getting power to the amp though so think i might have to purchase a new wiring kit :/ anyone know the easiest route to feed a wiring kit as i had troubles getting the Live from the engine bay into the car!

100_3372.jpg

100_3370.jpg

100_3371.jpg

Final shot of my beesting ariel which tidies up the back end a bit as well, next update will hoepfully be collies getting fitted!

100_3369.jpg

Cheers, Jake.

• 3 months later...

Gave the car a quick (due to cold weather!) clean today and thought i haven't updated this thread in a long time so took a few pics :)

Managed to start spending some money the car now as i had other priorities lately which were using up my wages, first thing bought were coilovers without hesitation, im happy with the fronts however was expecting some more lows from the rears so the adjusters will be coming out soon! Also purchased some pressed plates which look a lot tidier than the old scabby plates.

SAM_0212.jpg

SAM_0213.jpg

SAM_0214.jpg

SAM_0217.jpg

SAM_0219.jpg

SAM_0215.jpg

SAM_0221.jpg

Now that i can start spending some money next plans are:

respray BBS'

amber corners

finish boot install

Cupra splitter

Also wondering if anyone could shed some light onto how hard/what parts needed to drop a 1.4 Lupo engine in would be?

Any suggestions welcome

Cheers for looking, Jake.

Cheers mate, im really glad ive finally got the collies, been waiting long enough for them! just be a bit happier when the backs lower

Wired up the boot install today, just gotta cover the wood now :)