Rear washer sprayer low pressure

beska133

Hi all,

Managed to come across a very strange problem, after buying my arosa, the rear sprayer was abit poor, sometimes sprayed foamy screen wash, sometimes looked like clear water and didn't clean well,

After hoovering my car, i noticed the rear left side carpet was soaked, which explained why it stank of screenwash the whole time!

After ripping out the seats, pulling up the carpet, all the trip and following the wiring back with the screenwash pipe, found that the connector had come away from the second bit of hose! So when i was spraying the back window, it was infact soaking my back seats and carpet!

Sorted now, vaxed the seats and my rear sprayer works fine, what a ball ache of a job it was! How the pipes came apart is another mystery

Anyone wanting any help with ripping up carpet or a simala problem give me a shout : )

Sorted now, vaxed the seats and my rear sprayer works fine, what a ball ache of a job it was! How the pipes came apart is another mystery

It's usually the previous owner having used the wrong screenwash additive.

The VAG additive is thin and watery (but very effective) and causes no problems. Some other brand additives are a bit thicker and they cause the spray jets to clog. The pressure builds up and the pipe breaks at a connection, usually in the most inconvenient place. :innocent:

I used the VAG screenwash but the smell gave me headache, so i started using the halfords ready mixed pink stuff, i red the ready mixed stuff is better?

Im presuming now the blockage and i superglued the pupes together haha it wont happen again? hopefully!

I used the VAG screenwash but the smell gave me headache, so i started using the halfords ready mixed pink stuff, i red the ready mixed stuff is better?

It gave you a headache? You're supposed to put it in the screenwash bottle under the bonnet, not drink the stuff! :surprised: