smokin!

corby

hmmmmmmmm took the lupo for its longest run yet (21 miles instead of the regular 4.5 to work). A couple of times after slowing from 50 or 60 to a virtual stop for t/lights or roundabout, then accelerating smartly there was a BIG cloud of smoke which then cleared almost straight away. Is this something to really worry about? I checked the oil yesterday, and while it needs changing it wasn't any dirtier than I expected, though it did seem a bit overfull.

Any ideas? I think its starting to sound a bit louder than when I got it too as in exhaust blowing. Its still juddering but only up to about 40mph but my colleague is gonna service it soon.

Ta!

boing; any ideas on the smoke plume? Seems slightly blueish which could be oil; I'm wondering if a seal is on the way out. Annoyingly, when the prev. owner took me for a spin in it, it didn't judder at all, and he didn't drive like a vicar or a loon, just normally. It had been stood for a couple of months, so I'm wondering if going back into service has pushed a couple of things over the edge.

Good things though so I don't sound totally negative, its temperature is spot on all the time, steers/handles lovely, and once up to speed is lovely and smooth.

Getting the oil/sparkplugs/oil&air filters tomorrow; any good deals on atm?

Ta