1.4 Lupo Rally Car

robbig

Ooohhh! Cheers pieface. I might just do that I'll also need all the seams welded and some strut top work so I can feel a road trip coming on. Not just yet though as it's still a daily driver till next year. Then I'll be going mental on the shell and engine.

That is some good bodywork right there

BTW has anyone fitted carbs to a loop yet? Was thinking DCOE 40/45's but I need to do some measurements first.

Edited by robbig

People stick the webers on the polo engine, which is better than the lupo lump.

Have a look at Huxleys website, you can see how clean his welding is.

There's some serious welding on that website, very clean aswell.

Looked at the throttle bodies but with the management and everything else it seems expensive, my mate fitted carbs to his peugeot 205 1.9GTI and its pretty awesome.

http://photos-a.ak.f...7_6996090_a.jpg

Although the teeny weeny photo doesn't do it justice

Edited by robbig

Sorry no updates in a while, I've been uber busy. I managed to take the rear wiper off this weekend and thats about it, pathetic really.

I also think I've spotted whats wrong with the rear brakes, either the left caliper lever is stuck or the right caliper isn't bled enough and doesn't have any pressure behind it. Either way it needs a looking at which I didnt have time to do this weekend.

I've looked into throttle bodies v's carbs aswell and I'm starting to come round to the idea of throttle bodies from a company called ATPower in Norfolk. The bodies are 35mm deep and mate to a DCOE manifold from Dbilas so hopefully there will be enough space between the engine and bulkhead. Just wish I can get my hands on the car to do some measurements.

Heres a pic of the setup

DCOE - 1.jpg

Also has anybody ever tried Hi-spec billet 4 brakes yet?