Just Popping In :)

TwinkleToes

Hello peeps!! Just here to say hello and introduce myself and my pretty little lady Rosie <3

Bought my lovely little 1.4 Bright Yellow Arosa from Kent last Saturday, she had been stood up for three years after the lady that owned her died (not in the car, I did ask that just to be safe that it wasnt a Christine, oh dear, possibly showing my dads influence on my film choices, please google "1983 movie Christine" it will be the best thing you ever do ;) ) drove her 90 miles back home (Essex) she didnt skip a beat!

Well impressed with her but am looking to start mods, much to the disgust of my dad and probably my insurance company but hey ho :) looking out for a set of compomotive TH mono's and some coily's dont really want to skimp on coilys as I do about 35 mile round trip to work every day and cant risk having them break and then being out of a car.

Any suggestions for coily's? Would prefer not to spend more than about £600.

Would appreciate any help and advice as I am surrounded by men (dad, fiance and a handful of friends) that would much rather do it for me than let me get involved, when really I would quite like to get my hands dirty and do it myself :)

Lots of Rosie wheel spins and smiles

Mell :)

Might have to put that on hold for a little while, neighbour drove into my car on saturday!! Spoke to one body shop in Heybridge near where I live, he quoted about 850 + a new/2nd hand drivers door! Just waiting to get a quote from another body shop that is looking at putting a skin on the door rather than a new one but neighbour says anything more than 500 and she will have to go through insurance, so I think that will be bye bye arosa!! Gutted, and furious, crossing her off my xmas card list lol!

Might have to put that on hold for a little while, neighbour drove into my car on saturday!! Spoke to one body shop in Heybridge near where I live, he quoted about 850 + a new/2nd hand drivers door! Just waiting to get a quote from another body shop that is looking at putting a skin on the door rather than a new one but neighbour says anything more than 500 and she will have to go through insurance, so I think that will be bye bye arosa!! Gutted, and furious, crossing her off my xmas card list lol!

I wld go through the insurance, get it written off, see if u can buy it after it has been written off.

That way if the new one you buy needs any parts you got a donor, break the rest of the car and hopefully make some money outta this situation :( as surely the engine and the interior is all good?

I would however keep her on the xmas card list but purposely send her a cheap one and not write in it! will put the point across better if you have taken the time to send one unfinished :P

Hadn't thought of using her as a spares and breaking her for parts!!! Yer thats a really good idea, cos like you say everything else on her is is fine, worst of it is - I just paid out £70 in parts and serviced her the day before it happened, plugs were bloody £8 each, and sods law I have thrown the old ones away so I cant even replace them!! Grrrr when will I get some good luck!

And one of my friends did suggest I just put dog **** in an envelope and post that through her door for an xmas card lol!

Hadn't thought of using her as a spares and breaking her for parts!!! Yer thats a really good idea, cos like you say everything else on her is is fine, worst of it is - I just paid out £70 in parts and serviced her the day before it happened, plugs were bloody £8 each, and sods law I have thrown the old ones away so I cant even replace them!! Grrrr when will I get some good luck!

And one of my friends did suggest I just put dog **** in an envelope and post that through her door for an xmas card lol!

Yeah its worth a shot :) I expect if you put a breaking ad in the marketplace section you will get plenty of interest from the forum :)

If you get the right amount from the insurance, and the price to buy it back is cheap enough, when you go to sell the engine and the interior who knows you may end up quids in.

Ha, that does involve handling dog doo tho, maybe just kidnap her cat and post a ransome or something say for I dunno... £70 ;)

Hahaha!!! I like your style, but she doesn't have a cat, she does always leave her wellies outside her front door, and they are designer ones! Reckon I should hold her wellies to ransom???

Still not sure about buying it back though cos I need a car to get to work so the insurance payout would have to go towards another car ASAP, if I got 2000 and they offered me 500 to buy her back then I would cos I could easily get another arosa/lupo for 1500! Will just have to see what happens, gonna wash and polish her today so she looks all pretty for the engineer to assess her :) Will keep you updated!

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah its worth a shot smile.gif I expect if you put a breaking ad in the marketplace section you will get plenty of interest from the forum smile.gif

If you get the right amount from the insurance, and the price to buy it back is cheap enough, when you go to sell the engine and the interior who knows you may end up quids in.

Ha, that does involve handling dog doo tho, maybe just kidnap her cat and post a ransome or something say for I dunno... £70 wink.gif

Update - Sent Rosie in for repairs yesterday as a claim on neighbours insurance not mine - yayyyyyy!! And me and my fiancé are moving house too so hopefully its the last time some retard in a poxy little KA even gets close to the little lady!

Got a lush 60 plate polo as a hire car, I've named him Jim, would seriously recommend them to anyone with enough money to buy a new car! Pulls so so well, sounds really nice revving round to 5000rpm (shutttt up everyone loves a good hire car, has to be done!) I was trashing down a local A-Road and found myself doing nearly 100 in just over a mile, the only thing I don't like is the ridiculously wide A-pillar, I know its cos they have curtain air-bags but it is a bit of a joke, its like a 2nd blindspot! I would also prefer it to have a sunroof too cos it feels really low in the roof, I'm only short but my dad is quite tall and said he feels cramped for head room. But the interior is smart and the seats have a sort of bucket feel too them which is cool. The sound system is excellent sounds brilliant with my Red Hot Chilli Peppers CD blasting out ;) its plenty big enough to fit people in the back and the boot has lots of room for random **** that seems to accumulate in my car!

This has turned into a bit of a review on the polo lol, I'm just so impressed with it! Can't wait to get Rosie back though then can start modding her :)