High water pressure

Started to have a few problems with the girlfriends lupo. Its a 1.4 E AHW. The car over heated the other day due to the fan not kicking in. So i replaced the water pump as it had the plastic one which was nearly seized. Also put a new stat in as that fell apart when i took it out.

Now its all back together Ive got lumpy idle, Top hose hot bottom cold, All water hoses are really hard to touch until you take the expansion tank cap off and nearly blows your hand off even when you leave the car for a few hours.

I'm thinking the pressure could be down to head gasket putting exhaust gasses into water system due to the over heating?

Bottom hose still being cold due to new stat not working or blocked radiator?

Idle lumpy - sensor by the thermostat, dirty throttle.

other than that it drives fine and the fan kicks in.

Would be great if anyone has any other suggestions

Thanks

Daryl

I'm thinking the pressure could be down to head gasket putting exhaust gasses into water system due to the over heating?

Well i was right about that whipped the head off and could see it had gone between 1+2 and 3+4

Might get some photos up later

Daryl

Nope no oil in the coolant.

Before i took the head off i took the plug off the coil pack and took the top expansion tank hose off and cranked it and she was pushing out exhaust fumes.