Part Numbers??

I need a new sunroof motor for my gti, opened mine up and the pink cog has just ground away at the bottom. Looking on ebay at part number 6X0 959 591 and theyre £75 but i found one from a 2000 golf for £20 that looks exactly the same in the picture with part number 6N0 959 591.

Only the 2nd digit is different, 6X0 on mine and 6N0 on the one from the golf.

Anyone know what that digit means and if it is in fact the same part like i suspect?

Cheers in advance.

I need a new sunroof motor for my gti, opened mine up and the pink cog has just ground away at the bottom. Looking on ebay at part number 6X0 959 591 and theyre £75 but i found one from a 2000 golf for £20 that looks exactly the same in the picture with part number 6N0 959 591.

Only the 2nd digit is different, 6X0 on mine and 6N0 on the one from the golf.

Anyone know what that digit means and if it is in fact the same part like i suspect?

Cheers in advance.

6X0 and 6N0 are the model codes for the cars. If they look the same and the rest of the number is the same, I'd go for it to be honest.

That was what I was thinkin cheers mate. For £20 can always jus sell it on or even send it back if its wrong, looks right though thanks!

For £20 can always jus sell it on or even send it back if its wrong, looks right though thanks!

That was exactly my thought too, let us know how you get on please.