Vag com questions

Hi all,

I have a 2001 Lupo GTI that has a couple of issues,

The first is the interior light does not come on when the doors are opened, I have had it plugged into vag com and accessed the central locking data. It shows that both door lock switches are functioning correctly but, the light still does not work when left in the central position, it switches on manually but not by door switch.

Is there a setting in vag com to activate this?

On a similar note when in the central locking data I found a way of testing all functions of the central locking, one of which is an alarm chirp when activating the central locking.

This worked for test but does not work in day to day use. How is this turned on.

I hope a vag com expert can shed some light on this.

Thanks in advance fo your advice.

Regards

Hi all,

I have a 2001 Lupo GTI that has a couple of issues,

The first is the interior light does not come on when the doors are opened, I have had it plugged into vag com and accessed the central locking data. It shows that both door lock switches are functioning correctly but, the light still does not work when left in the central position, it switches on manually but not by door switch.

Is there a setting in vag com to activate this?

On a similar note when in the central locking data I found a way of testing all functions of the central locking, one of which is an alarm chirp when activating the central locking.

This worked for test but does not work in day to day use. How is this turned on.

I hope a vag com expert can shed some light on this.

Thanks in advance fo your advice.

Regards

hey i had this problem with the interior light but firstly when you leave the headlights and you open the door do you hear the alarm? because the drivers side switch on mine wasnt making contact, so the switch was thinking the door was closed when it was in fact open! so all i did was turn on the headlights, take off the door card, open the door and move the switch around until i heard the alarm and fix the switch in that position i hope this helps

James B

hey i had this problem with the interior light but firstly when you leave the headlights and you open the door do you hear the alarm? because the drivers side switch on mine wasnt making contact, so the switch was thinking the door was closed when it was in fact open! so all i did was turn on the headlights, take off the door card, open the door and move the switch around until i heard the alarm and fix the switch in that position i hope this helps

James B

Hi James thanks for the reply,

I have looked at loads of threads on here and other forums,that seem to point to problems with the door lock switches, I know it is a common problem, and can display exactly the problem I am having.

When I have the car plugged into Vag-com you can access the central locking controller, within the measuring blocks you can see what the individual components of the system are doing, both drivers and passenger door microswitches are working fine they show as closed when the doors are closed and open when the doors are open.

Also if I lock the door with the remote, then unlock but do not open the door, the car relocks after 30 seconds, (it should do this cos it knows the door has not been opened) If I open the door once it is unlocked it does not relock. So it knows whether the door is open or closed so it cant be the switch..

Interior light not working, lights on buzzer not working. Neither is the end of the world but it is starting to bug me now. I'm confused

• 1 year later...