Boot Build

After finally giving up on the idea that i can have the suspension reasonably low and still fit mates in the back, i stripped the back seats out and am going to start on a build in the back.

Huge stereo builds in the back are becoming more and more common and so am thinking about taking it down a different route, i dont know what has been done before in the back of a lupo but want some ideas on what youve seen or just anything you think could be a good idea? Off the top of my head i quite like the idea of a bike holder or carrier (Dont know if i'm being crazy with that)? Just need an idea so i can start building...

sorry for the bad phone pictures

IMG00060-20110428-1518.jpg

IMG00058-20110428-1518.jpg

Haha like the idea of that, shame I've only got the standard spare wheel, may be worth investing in a fifth alloy.

As far as getting any where with this got some materials on order which I'll be picking up from b&q tomorrow (large sheet of MDF and large amounts of fibre glass)

For all the time I don't know what my final plans are I'm just going to be building the frame and finishing it off how I choose as and when I can!

Still after ideas, anybody?

so at last i made a start on this today, all ive done is made up a mock up in cardboard which i can then use as a template for just cutting out the board. Ive decided just to go for a flat bed in the back of the car with a sub or two mounted in. Nice and simple But i'm hoping itll look okay. The real work will come tomorrow when i try and get the fit right with wood!

IMG00070-20110507-1629.jpg

IMG00071-20110507-1629.jpg

haha i do know what you mean but i think im planning on having the space underneath at the front to put the amp, rather than having it on show, but i guess thatd only take up half of it? I'll be looking into this ;)

• 4 weeks later...