How I can remplace my sidelight?

YvanOn3

Hi, I try remplace the sidelight but I can't remplace it. How dismount the bubl socket?

Thanks.

Very difficult to do.

If it is on the left side of the car, disconnect the connections to the battery, loosen the fuse holder box and remove the big bolt and plate securing the battery so you can move the battery 10cm away from the light and make space for your hand to get in.

Unclip the two silver clips at the top rear of the lamp assembly to release the rear cover from the lamp assembly and remove the rear cover. Notice that the bottom edge of the cover has two projecting parts which fit into slots in the lamp assembly. They will have to go back into the slots when you put the cover back on afterwards.

Use a small mirror to look into the lamp assembly from behind. The bulb holder with the sidelight in it is just a tight clip-fit in position. If you squeeze the back ends of the bulb holder firmly together with your finger and thumb it will become slack enough to pull out.

If it is the right hand sidelight then the procedure is the same, but you will not be able to make so much space behind the lamps to take the cover off and get your hand in. You can either put your hand in, or you can see in. Not both. You will have to work blind on this side.

Because of this, if you have never worked on the front lights before I recommend you move the battery and look into the left side lights to see how everything is arranged on that side first, even if the faulty lamp is actually on the right hand side.

Looking at the left one will give you some idea of what you are trying to get your hand onto on the right hand side.

Edited by SilverBullet

^^ Well explained!

They are a pain in the a**... luckily my hands are quite small to get in the gaps lol

definitely a pain! took me for ever to change the RHS bulb... swearing helps i believe :)

• Like 1

Very difficult to do.

If it is on the left side of the car, disconnect the connections to the battery, loosen the fuse holder box and remove the big bolt and plate securing the battery so you can move the battery 10cm away from the light and make space for your hand to get in.

Move the two silver clips at the top rear of the lamp assembly upwards to release the rear cover from the lamp assembly and remove the rear cover. Notice that the bottom of the cover has two projecting parts which fit into slots in the lamp assembly. They will have to go back into the slots when you put the cover back on afterwards.

Use a small mirror to look into the lamp assembly from behind. The bulb holder with the sidelight in it is just a tight clip-fit in position. If you squeeze the back ends of the bulb holder firmly together with your finger and thumb it will become slack enough to pull out.

If it is the right hand sidelight then the procedure is the same, but you will not be able to make so much space behind the lamps to take the cover off and get your hand in. You can either put your hand in, or you can see in. Not both. You will have to work blind on this side.

Because of this, if you have never worked on the front lights before I recommend you move the battery and look into the left side lights to see how everything is arranged on that side first, even if the faulty lamp is actually on the right hand side.

Looking at the left one will give you some idea of what you are trying to get your hand onto on the right hand side.

Thanks very much ! Tomorroy I try it again!

^^ Well explained!

They are a pain in the a**... luckily my hands are quite small to get in the gaps lol

It's a trap ! With small hands is easier! :lol: