lupo 1.0l cigarette socket

shane1989

Hey recently a metal washer fell into my cigarette socket resulting in a spark and now my lighter socket no longer works.... I replaced the fuse in the main fuse box by the drivers door but nothing

Anny one know wat i need to do and if i need to replace the socket how do i remove the one in there now??

Appreciate any help as i need my sat nav to work so thishas be fixed

Thanks

Shove your hand up the side of the dash on the drivers side. The bit that's by the floor. The wire for the socket runs along there. You can grab hold of it and pull it down. There's 3 wires going to it and a connection box. If I was you I'd check that there's power going to the cig plug there first. If there is then you know there's a fault with the cig plug itself. If there isn't then there's a problem somewhere else.

The 3 wires are:

Neutral

Live

Live for the light on the plug. Which only works when you have your lights on.

Whether there's a second fuse somewhere I don't know. There could be one on the wires which I've just told you to grab by the connector. Its a bit of a fiddle to get to but they are there.