Electric Window Woes

2001 Seat Arosa Sport if it makes a difference.

I know its not the switches because they can be heard trying to operate the windows.

Drivers side goes 3/4 of the way down then stops, like something is blocking its travel?

Passenger side was doing the same as the drivers side, and now will not go down although you can hear the switch trying to operate something in the door.

Also when using the key in the drivers door the drivers window goes down and stops 3/4 of way down and passenger side doesnt move.

Any ideas? Going to take the passenger side door card off in a bit to have a look.

Cheers

Andy

Hi mate im Joe. Well i dont know whether you have got after market speakers in your door because if you do and they dont have spacers the the speakers will stop the window going all the way down. Might be worth taking off the bottom door card and having a look. Held on by 4 screws on the bottom and just give it a gentle tug and should come away!

Hope this has helped you

It doesnt have aftermarket speakers thats for sure as it was fine until December there where both windows would only go down 3/4 and now the passenger one wont work anymore.

I knew about the speaker thing as i bolloxed that up on my old 1.0l lupo a few years back

just took the door cards off and you can hear the relay clicking when you operate the switch but nothing moves.

also checked the cables, the rear is tight and the forward cable is quite loose but when operating switch nothing changes.

any ideas ??

cheers

Andy

Hi mate, my car windows seem to like not working every now and again, mainly the passenger side and as you said you can hear the solenoid clicking, somtimes you can get away with just unplugging the wiring loom from the motor but if that doesnt work then i just take the whole lot out of the door, strip the motor and reassemble it and it just works when you plug it back in:D think its just disturbes sumthing inside.

This may also solve your 3/4 open window problem as the motors have a learning system on them and they know where top and bottem is, so if you get them working just put them all the way down and up without stopping inbetween and it should pick up on where top and bottom is.

Hope this is of any help

Rhys