Interior Lights

Hi,

Since I had my car the only time the interior light came on was when opening the drivers door, Did not work for passengers or boot, Now the drivers dont work so could the microswitches be gone in all 3? Or is there another issue that causes these problems as I dont want to go and buy 3 new catches if no need thanks.

Yes, very common for the soldering in the circuit boards for the micro switches to fail. They can be repaired, but it's easier said than done. But if the microswitches themselves are broken they cannot be replaced.

If that is the problem, it might be worthwhile getting a quote from Lupoboz for a set of new ones, might not be as bad as you were expecting. Or a set of second hand working ones, are they are the same as the Mk4 Golf or Polo?

Edited by Hipwell

Anyone know of any other issue that causes this problem?

As I dont want to be getting new microswitches and its not that, Also been looking at mk4 golf catches and they look different to the lupos so are there specific models you need or are they different? thanks.

Anyone know of any other issue that causes this problem?

As I dont want to be getting new microswitches and its not that, Also been looking at mk4 golf catches and they look different to the lupos so are there specific models you need or are they different? thanks.